Friday, May 6, 2011


Andrew's white pine tree. He brought it home from school when he was in third grade. And look at it now!
-----------------------------------------------
Friday, May 6, 2011 - One of the main reasons that I wanted to have professional tree trimmers take care of the pruning job this spring was to clear the branches around Andrew's white pine tree so it can grow unimpeded.

A few years ago, I managed to chop off a few branches here and there on that offending maple but I don't have a tall enough ladder to reach the higher branches. Probably a good thing.

I love trees. And I love flowers. I'm beginning to like grass a little bit. But I HATE quack-grass. And for some reason, it likes to grow near the road in the front yard. yuk!!!

The only way to get rid of it is to kill it with noxious chemicals, wait a while and then plant some grass. Actually not a bad idea. haha Now, it's really time to skedaddle. later, djb

P.S. Word to the Wise: NEVER, EVER, EVER plant zoysia grass. It turns brown in the winter and looks ugly, uglier, ugliest!!!! (although it is soft underfoot....)

No comments: