Friday, October 21, 2011


"They landed among the stars." Whenever I see STARS, I think of Andrew and Jarrett.
---------------------------------------------
Friday, October 21, 2011 - This day has finally arrived!

Today is the day that I'll be fitted for my own personal PROSE - the prosthetic device for my right eye. OMG!!!

It's 6:38 a.m. right now. I woke up before 5 a.m. so that I could get my three eyedrops in my eye, drink some coffee, wake up, take care of my blogger business, and relax a little bit before the drive into the city....which ALWAYS makes me crazy.

Getting up and getting ready this morning reminded me of all the years I worked in downtown Chicago. It took a long time to get there every day -- but it was worth it.

When I worked in the Research Department at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange in the early 80's, it was the BEST job I ever had. Smart, witty people -- there were five Ph.D. economists among the staff. You'd probably think, b-o-r-i-n-g. But they weren't. It was always a hoot.

Gotta go. SEE ya later. I HOPE. djb

No comments: