Sunday, November 13, 2011


Last Sunday afternoon, I looked out the window and saw THIS. Elliot was helping his dad clean out the gutters. Nice clear telephoto shot.
---------------------------------------------
Sunday, November 13, 2011 - When I saw them up on the roof, I realized that I would have to clean out our gutters at least one more time. I've cleared out the one in front of the kitchen window twice already. First time was really gross!!

So, yesterday afternoon, I dragged out the ladder and cleaned the front one out for the third time. Then, I went out onto the deck and cleaned out the one that goes all the way along the roof from the front of the house to the spot where it turns into two stories.

Amazingly, it wasn't as full of leaves and sticks as the one in front was. What a nice surprise and that was good for me.

The only part where I had a small problem was right where the edge of the pool is too close to the downspout so I can't get a good angle to climb the ladder right there. As it is, that's the scariest part because it's soooo close to disaster on either side of the downspout. yikes!

And then sometime this week, I'll have to borrow my neighbor's ladder to do the gutters that line the garage on the east side of the house. Thankfully, most of the leaves have been blown down and if they haven't fallen off the trees yet, the winds today are forecast to be 45 to 50 miles per hour.

That should finish them off. oh boy. see ya later, djb

No comments: