Thursday, September 22, 2011


Here's the boys' basketball hoop. Now, I play "horse" with Rachel. She actually has pretty good aim.
--------------------------------------------
Thursday, September 22, 2011 - I wanted to put something related to the boys on "their" blog. Of course, I got a photo of the hoop near the big, empty flower bed.

When the boys were ALIVE, they were always doing something in the driveway -- playing basketball, riding bikes, roller blading, whatever.

I remember one time Jarrett and Chad dug a HUGE hole in the midst of the evergreens on the other side of the driveway and put something over the top so that if a "bad guy" happened to be sneaking around in there, he'd fall in their trap. haha

Yeah. I made them fill in the hole with dirt. What if a skunk fell in there and couldn't get out?? Or me?

Their basketballs always managed to fall or roll or land in the big flower bed. "Sorry, Mom."

No problem, I told them. That's why I plant so many flowers. Just in case your ball lands on top of one of them.

And grass wasn't supposed to be perfect. It was the outdoor carpet for boys to play on. We NEVER put any chemicals on the grass in the back yard -- that's where they played. And the dandelions loved it. see ya later, djb

No comments: