Sunday, September 11, 2011


Sears Tower - December 1984 (now, it's called the Willis Tower)
----------------------------------------------
Sunday, 9-11-11 - I remember exactly where I was (in the kitchen, standing at the counter) when I heard about the first plane hitting the first tower from a special report on the radio. WHAT? I immediately turned on CNN and it remained on for the rest of the day.

The other thing I distinctly remember was wondering about Chuck because he lived in New Jersey. Not far from New York City across the river, as I recall. He could see it from work.

A few days later, I received some photos that he had taken of the devastation. Not sure where they are now?? That was 10 years ago and we weren't quite as photo smart as we've eventually become over the years.

Plus, back in my CME days, I stayed at the Vista Hotel during my only visit (for work) in New York City. That was the hotel between the towers. How weird to have been somewhere that got attacked by crazed lunatics.

Also, Andrew and Jarrett were alive ten years ago. Andrew's golf meet with Geneva was cancelled. The kids were NOT happy. The terrorists aren't coming to get us -- we're out in the middle of corn fields. We want to play golf.

Jarrett had me take him to the skate park in St. Charles because he told me that I needed to get away from the TV coverage that I had been watching all day. And he needed to practice some of his smooth moves.

I feel so very sorry for everyone who lost someone because of this horrendous attack. They have my complete and total sympathy. God bless them all. peace would be nice, djb

No comments: