Monday, March 5, 2012


Here's Andrew holding his cousin, Micki. This was taken 13 or 14 years ago at Avis and Denny's house.
----------------------------------------------
Monday, March 4, 2012 - Last night, I got a call from Diane that Denny and Avis's dog, Micki, went to sleep forever.

They were in Florida for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was to celebrate the Bergs 66th wedding anniversary. So, Micki was staying at the vets up here.

But it's not a normal vet. They treated Micki like she was their own. When she started taking a turn for the worse the end of last week, they tried everything to save her but sometimes, it's our time to go and we can't do anything about it.

That news made me cry because Micki was such a dearly loved part of their family -- which is my family, too. The boys adored her and because of Micki, they wanted to get a beagle just like her. Please, mom....

After I got my wits about me, I realized that Micki died on March 4th. One day after Jarrett. One day before Andrew. She did that so we'd never forget her.

And we will never forget Micki. She was a special sweetheart. God bless you, Micki. Say arf to Hobbes from me. love ya, djb

No comments: