Friday, April 6, 2012


From right to left: Malvin, Gale, Gladys, George, Aunt Clara (Sadie's sister), Everett. This was in March 1983 after Russell's funeral.
----------------------------------------------
Good Friday, April 6, 2012 - Happy Birthday, Malvin!

My Uncle Malvin was born 95 years ago today. I'm sure he's in heaven celebrating with his sweetheart, Gladys. It's one of the only ways we can comfort ourselves when someone dies...

...knowing they have stepped through the veil and are with those who have gone before them surrounded by light and love.

We really have no idea at all what happens after someone dies. Believe me, I've spent years contemplating that scenario. Oh sure, we can speculate but we don't really, really know for sure.

As I go through the old photographs, I'm reminded of my own mortality. If you have something to say to someone, say it NOW because you never know who's next to leave the planet. And you may never get a second chance to make your peace.

Have no regrets. My only regret when the boys died was that I wish I had been kinder to them. It's not that hard to be kind. Okay, Donna, take your own advice. Thanks, me. later, djb

No comments: