Tuesday, September 21, 2010


This is the very tall ash tree that's right near the burn pile that got singed by the fire.
----------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - Thought I'd write on the boys' blogger blog before I go out to mow. It'll probably be a little bit wet but we'll see what happens.

Last Friday, I think it was....I lit the burn pile on fire. Wish I had a picture of that. It was a HUGE, GIGANTIC conflagration that was close to be terrifying. yikes!!!

Thankfully, we had no wind so the only place the fire had to go was up about 40 or 50 feet to the leaves on top of that ash tree. I was afraid that the tree was going to catch on fire.

The interesting thing that happened was that it completely burned itself out and never did smolder very much. A few embers were burning later on and I doused them with water and that was that. The end.

see ya later, djb

No comments: