Sunday, January 22, 2012


Here's my Lego stabilization system holding up the heater in the garage.
----------------------------------------------
Sunday, January 22, 2012 - Ever since it got real cold, the heater in the garage has been working overtime. It does make some weird sounds but I know which ones are good and which ones are bad.

Yesterday, I heard the tick, tick, ticking sound but it didn't seem that anything was wrong, yet...

...however, this morning, when I went out into the garage, the ticking sounds were more sustained. hmmmm

So, I lifted up the right side of the cover and they stopped. When I let it back down, they started up again. I KNEW what had happened.

A couple of years ago, when my HVAC buddy, Brian, was here, he figured out that the cover had to be permanently attached to two special screws in the wall to keep the blower from hitting the side of the cover which causes the ticking sound.

We were both so excited when he figured it out because I'd had others here who didn't have a clue as to what was happening. God bless, Brian.

It's kind of scary to me because it's a gas heater. That's why I put the second set of Legos on the left side in case the other screw gets loose, then, at least, it will have something to lean on.

Yes, I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow. But, so far, it's been working. Oh, did I mention that I was sitting on the floor in the garage at 6 a.m. this morning waiting for the blower to turn off?

A gal's gotta do whatever needs to be done. catch ya later, djb

No comments: