Thursday, September 17, 2009


Here's me, Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Ron and Aunt Diane on September 17, 1988 posing for a picture before Liz and Ron's wedding on the Lady of the Lake on Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, September 17, 2009 - For all the hullabaloo about changing the health care in our country to something different, i.e., scary and more expensive, we've seen what exists now (for those over 65) up close and personal and it's pretty bizarre and random at best. And to think that when the boomers start flooding the market, it's only going to get WORSE, ay carumba!

It's so strange and convoluted that I can't even begin comprehend it. After all, I am on medication that makes me crazy and goofy. They keep changing the amount of in-home rehabilitation my mother is supposed to get. First, it was 3 times a week for 3 weeks. Then, it was 6 times total. Then, it was reduced to 5 times total. I think it's now 4 times in total. What??

I did talk to Diane after I wrote the above paragraph. She thinks that the reason they're lessening the amount of physical therapy that Mother is receiving at home is because she's doing so well compared others in her age group. After all, Granny is highly motivated to get back to walking again without the walker and/or a cane. Kudos and good luck to Gran!!

I still recommend the article in Rolling Stone magazine about the health care crisis - they do use some salty language, but it IS very informative in a down to earth sort of way. It connects the dots and explains why our country is going to hell in a handbasket. Pretty much it can be explained in one word: GREED with a side order of hubris.

Remember this: Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Who said that? I don't know. I'm running out of time or I'd find out -- it's almost 8 a.m. and I must be going now.

Mother keeps on working on her exercises like the trooper that she is. Grandpa is helping and encouraging her every "step" of the way. Diane is the BEST daughter because she's on the case. I'm here and NOT there. Hopefully, I will one day be there and not here. sigh....bye. djb

No comments: