Sunday, September 20, 2009


Mother's totally cracking up but we're not sure exactly what she was laughing at. All I know is we had a great time on that boat on Lake Geneva. It's the favorite lake of both Granny and me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, September 20, 2009 - Since I've been so goofy lately, I did forget to wish Steve and Mary happy birthdays....so I'm going to call them today. Usually, Grandpa and Granny have a combined birthday party for the two of them but because of her recuperation situation that's not happening this year.

However, when I did talk to Mother last night, she told me that she was going to church this morning -- haven't talked to her yet today. I was so excited for her. How wonderful to be able to go to church and be "normal" again. See all of her buddies. It's great! Yesterday was one month since her surgery!!! WOW! She's doing really well.

The visiting nurse came to visit her again -- because that's what visiting nurses do!! This nurse was able to get several more home visits okayed by the powers that be. She's quite impressed by Granny's progress. Part of it is called determination, focus, having a goal. Wanting to go back to the pool again. Get off the feeling poorly bandwagon. Rejoin life.

Better go. We're supposed to get some rain this afternoon but who knows. The weather will do whatever it wants to do. Doncha know. bye, djb

No comments: