Thursday, September 10, 2009


It's been 132 years since Grandpa O'Malley was born. Here's the 50th Anniversary picture of Grandma and Grandpa O'Malley. You rarely saw one without the other.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, September 10, 2009 - Happy Birthday to my mother's dad. Bye Grandpa, bye Grandpa!!! (My brothers will know what I'm talking about - inside joke!!)

Granny has been home since Saturday, September 5th. She HAD TO get out of the rehab facility before the Labor Day weekend because on a normal weekend, everything shuts down. On a holiday weekend, it's a virtual ghost town!! Good luck getting anything accomplished.

I haven't posted on here in a few days because the fluctuating pressure problems with my eye have slowed me down for a time but I'm back in the hands of the smart guys, the big guns, the true professionals who are smart and thorough. It's a long, sad story, and I'm praying that it has a happy ending. ay carumba...

In fact, Granny and I are commiserating while we both attempt to heal and get back to 100% -- though we are in different time zones, we're in the same medical zone and it's bizarro world at times.

Rehab News: Mother has been using her walker to walk every hour or so. When she went to the surgeon yesterday, he said that she was doing well for someone who was 3 weeks post-op. Can't sleep very well - that's normal. Leg hurts - that's normal. Leg swelling - that's normal. My doctor's an idiot - that's normal. Sorry, couldn't help that one. That's just a joke. He's actually a very nice doctor.

So, Mother's recuperation and rehab on the home front are progressing as well as possible. There's always a few bumps along the road but she and Grandpa (with the help of Diane) are navigating quite nicely.

Wish I could be there to help them but apparently I'm "supposed to be" here. hmmm I'll try to keep up with the UPdates in a more timely manner. Good luck with that. see ya later, djb

No comments: