Saturday, March 20, 2010


Welcome Spring! This was the view in the driveway (where Jarrett and I used to play HORSE) this morning at 7:06 a.m. CDT. Approximately 33 degrees outside. Yesterday, it was 65 degrees in this same spot!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, March 20, 2010 - For the past three days, I've been working in the front garden which I started planting 20 years ago to keep an eye on Andrew and Jarrett. I cut down the ornamental grasses and got rid of the overgrowth and dead organic matter that grew last year. What a HUGE mess. It's pretty much out of control which is why I was out there even though I knew we were in for some snow today.

The poor little crocuses and daffodils were coming up in a mass of dead twigs and weeds. Their survival depends on my efforts to tidy up the bed every year so I have to will myself to get out there even though I know what I'm in for. Remember the motto: DO IT NOW.

Plus, I found out that the time in my camera is wrong -- spring it forward. see ya later, djb

No comments: