Tuesday, August 24, 2010


Here's Debbie's daughter, Taylor, sitting on the parachute ride with me on Sunday, August 22. 2010 - it was a miracle.
-------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - When I went into Lion's Park on Sunday, for the last day of Elburn Days, I thought for sure I'd see a lot of people I knew who had kids that wanted to go on the parachute ride with me. But I didn't.

After Bob finished working in the Beef Tent, we were getting ready to leave when he saw Debbie and her family. OMG!

Debbie used to work at Blackberry Inn about 20 years ago. We'd always bring the boys in to eat and they were oftentimes squirrelly and rambunctious! Then, one night when we went in, Debbie had brought in some coloring books and crayons to keep the boys busy and occupied with something other than mayhem and chaos. We never forgot that.

Flash forward twenty years....while we were talking to Debbie, Bob mentioned that I wanted to go on the parachute ride but I couldn't find anyone to go with me. Did any of them want to go??? Taylor raised her hand, "I'll go." OMG

We got on the one with the purple parachute and promptly went up to the TOP and waited while the curly headed guy loaded more people opposite us. Then, we went around and around and around and up and down. It was SO MUCH FUN.

As we came down to get off, he walked over and said, "You want to go again....I owe you one." (Referring to my patience the previous evening when I waited for 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes, plus forever).

My response: OH YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Taylor looked at me and asked, "Don't we need a ticket?"

"No, honey. This is a FREE RIDE because I was patient yesterday and it paid off today." oh boy!

What a great Elburn Days!!! And it was so good to see Debbie. later, djb

No comments: