Friday, August 27, 2010


On the upper left edge of this photo, you can see some sort of pinkish whitish "stuff" that is NOT supposed to be there, it's supposed to be black, not yukky. Those are the fingers of one of the girls that was sitting at the table on Sunday - the last day of Elburn Days.
--------------------------------------------------
Friday, August 27, 2010 - Yesterday, I went in and tried to clean up Andrew and Jarrett's chess table at Lion's Park. I realize that it is outside, and it is located in a park but other than the defacement I found there on Sunday, the rest of the table is in pretty good shape.

I used Goof Off to get the goofy stuff off the black metal. I'm not sure if I'm going to repaint the black parts or exactly what I'm going to do. It does look a whole lot better than it did. Of course, there's nothing I can do to prevent any further shenanigans.

The plaques on either side of the table were looking kind of dingy, so I cleaned those off with Barkeeper's Friend -- and it does clean brass. Looks much better, also. I forgot to bring my old scrubby toothbrush, so it was a challenge trying to get it clean...but I did it.

Okay, gotta go now. see ya later, djb

No comments: