Thursday, August 26, 2010


Here's Marcus with his famous Mohawk on March 3, 2005 when he visited the cemetery on the second anniversary of Andrew and Jarrett's accident.
--------------------------------------------------
Thursday, August 26, 2010 - Ever since my computer was hacked in 2006, and I lost a bunch of pictures, including the ones from March 2005, I've searched for them in vain until an hour ago...I finally found Marcus.

When Marcus died on November 22, 2006, I began my search for this picture. Then I realized that it was gone....forever, so I thought. I wanted to include this and another photo I took that day in the page I made to honor his memory.

I'm absolutely ecstatic that I found it. It's been on a recovery disc all these years but the old computer refused to read it and gave me some stupid error messages. The new computer made a few weird noises and then, the pictures popped up.

God bless Marcus. He visited Andrew and Jarrett's grave quite a few times with others and also by himself so I was told. He felt a connection to their tragedy. And then, he joined them. It's very eerie and yet I'm comforted by the fact that they were there to welcome him.

Why did they all die so young? Why did my nephew, Chuck, die so young? It's all incomprehensible to me. I struggle to understand it and I have no answers....except for the thought that always intrudes -- "It was their time to go -- the time for them to unleash the bonds of their earthly existence."

God bless them all. later, djb

No comments: