Saturday, July 4, 2009


Tempera painting done by Jarrett in first grade. Photo taken by Aunt Diane.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, July 4, 2009 - While I was going through the pictures from the 4th of July (2007), I came across this photo of a painting done by one of the boys. Since I couldn't remember who did it, I had to disassemble the frame and undo the tape to find out that it was painted by Jarrett when he was in first grade. I totally love the sun -- it's quite cosmic looking.

It's VERY cold here today compared to summer. No one is sure why we're having such crappy weather this year? Is it a part of the global warming effect? Is it just our bad luck? I so remember when this time of year was warm and mostly sunny. This weather is just not right.

As I go back and re-read my entries in the old journals, it's amazing how much more diligent I was in the old days about writing every day. Of course, being sick for the past year didn't help very much in that regard. Having the constant feeling of a toothpick poking in one's eyeball isn't exactly conducive to wanting to write or read much of anything else.

It's time for me to do something that involves driving to a store and buying food. haha later, djb

No comments: