Sunday, August 30, 2009


This is how Mother felt yesterday -- ready to cause some major damage just like J-man!! And actually, I felt the same way!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday morning - August 30, 2009 - Both Mother and I had BAD, very BAD days yesterday. Must have been some sort of long-distance coincidental bad vibe thing. hmmmm

As usual in the morning, Granny got ready for her physical therapy, bright-eye and bushy tailed BUT no one showed up to take her down there. Same thing went for the occupational therapy. Say what? Finally, after a while, she found out that she "had the day off."

That would be fine and good, except for the fact that NO ONE TOLD HER in advance.

Kind of reminds me of when someone would get all spiffed up and ready for a date and then the jerk wouldn't show up. Kind of like that. Of course, it never happened to me. It was always a friend or a friend of a friend....

Back to Granny's story: They also did NOT put the CPM (continuous passive motion) device on her knee to keep it moving so it doesn't get all locked up in one position. And furthermore, that's when they put the ice pack on it to REDUCE THE SWELLING in her leg.

By the time I talked to Gran, she had calmed down considerably because Grandpa told her to chill out. And she always has to listen to him because he's older and wiser. haha

Of course, my own dilemma took her mind off those problems for a few minutes. Let me give you the condensed version: Saturday, Luis (my helper dude) was working in the yard, my eye was very blurry, called eye doctor because they're only open until noon (and then I'd be screwed until Monday), they begrudgingly gave me an appointment, I went in to their office and waited, finally got in, my pressure was FORTY. Yeah and no one seemed to be the least bit concerned about it except for me.

After I came home, I took the diamox which made me feel like I was drunk (not that I know what that's like but I've read about it, and I've heard about it from friends who imbibe) and also I felt like I was run over by a truck and about to have a heart attack because my pulse was racing so fast. It was quite a trip.

I went out in the yard and helped Luis with the yard work in spite of the fact that I thought I was going to die imminently but I didn't. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right? bye for now, djb

No comments: