Friday, February 4, 2011


Here's Woody at the feeder yesterday. I just love seeing the birdies enjoying themselves.
----------------------------------------------

Here's Mama Cardinal pausing and posing. That greyish/bluish darkness behind the bird feeders is the HUGE pile of snow alongside the road.
----------------------------------------------
Friday, February 4, 2011 - Yesterday, I had blizzard fatigue. I just couldn't write about snow or anything related to snow. When you think about how long this is going to be around, it is kind of depressing. Although it's still quite beautiful.

The morning after the blizzard, I still remember feeling trapped and somewhat claustrophobic when I looked outside and saw the gigantic pile of snow left by the snow plow at the end of the driveway. You couldn't get out of here if you wanted to.

Not that there was anywhere to go. Everything was shut down. Life pretty much came to a standstill.

And I just now heard on the radio that we have MORE brutal weather coming next week. This time, it's just more below zero days.....not two feet of snow! So, I guess that's a good thing.

I was thinking last night.... what if we get another 20 inches of snow??? WHAT in the world would happen then??? Right now, there are so many huge mounds of snow, it boggles the mind. Huge doesn't even begin to describe it....more like GARGANTUAN MOUNTAINS. Yeah, that big.

bye for now, djb

No comments: