Monday, June 22, 2009


Whenever I see two flowers growing/blooming close together, it touches me deeply and reminds me of Andrew and Jarrett - forever in my heart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, June 22, 2009 - Last night, right before I turned off the computer, I checked Tommy Skilling's weather map. Yikes!!! There was a small, but nasty-looking band of clouds headed toward us. So, I had to go outside and put the umbrella in the "down" position. Plus, I moved a couple of plants off the deck so they wouldn't get blown away.....just in case.

During the night (actually around 3 or 4 a.m.), there was thunder, some lightning and MORE rain. Just what we needed... not!!! We've had record rains this year....it can stop any time!

When Bob drove over to Rochelle yesterday to visit his mom and dad's grave in honor of Father's Day, he noticed that they had a LOT more standing rain in the fields than we did here. And I forgot to give Grandpa the "Corn Report" yesterday when I called.

Hey Grandpa, "The corn is short." Really, really short. I'm going to go back and find that picture of Diane standing next to Bob Smith's corn two years ago when she came to visit us on the 4th of July. This year, the corn that's out there might reach her ankle. Sad to see it.

We've both noticed more fallow fields than we can ever remember. It's very creepy, and it's certainly not right. Everyone is worried about the SWEET CORN situation -- by everyone, I mean ME. haha

Better go. Want to take a picture of the haziness outside. Plus, I'm having a daylily and Asian lily explosion of flowers today. They think that they've been transported to a greenhouse because of the heat and humidity. oh boy! Are we in Florida? haha

bye bye. see ya later, djb

No comments: