Thursday, August 20, 2009


Here's Diane, Mother and Me posing (in red) for a picture at Christmas but I can't remember exactly what year this was -- might have been 2004?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update #4 - Thursday, August 20, 2009 - After not hearing any updates all morning, I called Alan, and he was at the house getting ready to go back to the hospital. As I suspected, Day Two is going along a little bit rockier for Mother than yesterday.

Once the anesthesia wears off, the pain really sets in (I remember that from my splenectomy). The physical therapist was there this morning and got her out of bed to try to "walk" a little bit. That was quite difficult considering the fact that she wasn't able to sleep very well last night.

She's pretty weak and still kind of woozy. Of course, I remember her admonitions over the years that you have to EAT to keep up your strength. But there's the conundrum of not being hungry because you don't feel good and also some of those medications make you feel queasy.

The lady from Tuskawilla came in this morning also. They're making plans for her to go over there on Saturday. The doctor decides when she leaves the hospital so that really isn't up to the patient, which is good. If she has to stay in the hospital another day, that's their call.

When I didn't hear anything this morning, I knew that it was going to be a rough day. So, do me a favor and say a few healing prayers for Mother so that she may heal and gain strength. God bless her and heal her and ease her pain. Amen to that.

Hopefully, next time I write, things will be going better for Granny. It would be nice if a person could just skip over Day Two, post surgery. More later, djb

No comments: