Friday, August 28, 2009


Here's one of the first pictures of the incision resulting from Mother's knee replacement surgery - WOW!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, August 28, 2009 - Diane just sent me pictures of the incision on Mother's knee. That is really something! I'm actually speechless.

Last night, I realized that I didn't call her early enough because I was still goofy from that silly pill I took on Tuesday. By the time I did call, I wasn't able to get through to her and instead heard the message on her cell phone that Diane recorded. hmmm what's up there?

So, I called Grandpa, and he said that she had called her friend, Lydia, earlier in the afternoon -- so the phone was working then. hmmmm what's going on anyway? He also mentioned that Alan had called him because he couldn't get through to Mother either! hmmm interesting situation.

Grandpa and I chatted for a while and he filled me in on the goings on around the neighborhood and his various travels to the Y for water aerobics, etc. I told him that I'd call Diane because I knew she'd be with Granny and if anything was untoward, I'd call him back.

When I called Diane's phone, SHE didn't answer. Now what? Pretty soon my phone rang and it was Diane. Like me, she sometimes has difficulty "finding" her phone. When she checked Granny's phone, it was out of juice. So, she plugged it in to re-charge. Case closed.

Then I talked to Mother and she was doing fine. Same routine as previous days. Plus, some folks from the Y came by to visit. She got a letter from one of her high school friends which I find quite amazing. I don't think Mary Church knew that Mother had surgery or was in rehab. She also got my card (I'm such a good daughter....hahaa!!). No, Diane's way better than I am.

Hey, we're all in this together. If you're reading this and you haven't sent a card to Mother, you have the whole weekend to do it, so do it now.

Better go. I'm still reeling from seeing that photo. whoa! ouch! Mercy! bye, djb

No comments: