Saturday, August 8, 2009


Here's Judy and Joan last night at Rosita's in DeKalb where we got together for some food, fun and fiesta, together with Avis and Bergy. Unfortunately, Ron & Liz couldn't be there and neither could Bob Berg!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, August 8, 2009 - This morning, I was standing outside near the deck checking to see if it was still raining when I remembered a comment that either Andrew or Jarrett made many years ago regarding Judy. I'm pretty sure it was Jarrett.

After the boys had spent some time over at Judy's house with Joseph, Anthony and Philip (their cousins), while I was down the street at my doctor's office in the chemo room getting infused with intravenous gamma globulin, Jarrett made this bold statement,

"Judy's the best mom in the world."

Well, I did have to agree with him -- especially after the one incredible time when her boys had already gone back to school and Judy took Andrew and Jarrett to Spring Hill Mall to play video games at the arcade while I was getting another round of IVGG. What a mom!!!

It was so great to see her (and Joan) last night and Bergy and Avis. Judy's leaving today to go back to California so we don't know when we'll see her again. Sure, the weather's nice out there but it's far away from her people. haha We both used that phrase independently of each other last night. I thought that was cosmically serendipitous.

Better go. Just wanted to put something in on the boys blogger blog and this is perfect. djb

No comments: