Thursday, August 20, 2009


Here's Granny and Grandpa cutting a rug at Liz and Ron's wedding back in September 1988. This picture cracks me up because it's obvious that they were having such a good time. As we all were!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update #8 - August 20, 2009 - While Bob and I were waiting to order our food tonight down at Blackberry Inn, I heard my phone ringing (it plays "When the Saints Go Marching In"), so I answered it and it was Diane calling with great news!

She told me that Mother looked 100% better. Even the nurses commented on how much she had improved. In fact, she even asked to have the TV turned on.

Truthfully, I think if you said a prayer for my mother today, it worked. And I am thrilled!! We know she has the strength and fortitude of her Irish ancestors to prevail in the face of adversity. I'm just so grateful that she made it through Day Two. whew!

This is it for tonight. I'll keep you posted. bye for now, djb

No comments: