Thursday, August 20, 2009


Here's Granny holding me in a very OLD photo many, many years ago when I was wearing a diaper. haha And I still have those stumpy legs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update #7 - August 20, 2009 - Diane was at the hospital with Mother while Daddy and Alan went home to get a bite to eat. Just when Diane called, a nurse came in to replace an IV in Granny's elbow, so she said she'd call back.

When she called back, I got to chat with the Patient for a couple of minutes. Mother commented that she wasn't very being sociable. I told her that she didn't have to be. It was nice to hear her voice but she just sounds pretty tired.

I hadn't called her earlier on purpose because I know how it feels when you're in the hospital for this sort of thing -- you just want to feel better and rest -- you're not really up for chit chat. But, oh no! The nurses and doctors and everyone else is always coming in to do some procedure or check on your vitals. Of course, it's necessary but annoying sometimes.

They did give her some more real food to eat for dinner. I think she said turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy but it tasted weird. That's exactly how my food tasted when I was taking the diamox for the high pressure in my eye. My beer tasted especially weird. Mercy!!

Better go. Diane also commented that Mother looks a lot better than she did this morning. Hopefully, this trend will continue!!! take care. later, djb

No comments: