Friday, February 19, 2010


Here's a copy of the front of Andrew's Driver's License. They have the wrong date for the expiration, it should be 02-15-07 and not 05-15-07. Someone made a mistake, I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a copy of the back of Andrew's driver's license. The words: "I hereby make an anatomical gift, effective upon my death" totally creep me out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, February 19, 2010 - Two days ago, I decided to clean out the little zipper compartment that holds my pertinent stuff in my purse because I got a new insurance card so I wanted to get rid of the numerous other ones that were cluttering up the space.

I keep Andrew's license and Jarrett's ID card with me at all times. After the accident, I put both cards in my purse. For some reason, while I was culling the old stuff the other day, I started looking closer at Andrew's driver's license. Imagine my complete and utter surprise and shock, when I noticed the date it had been issued: 03-05-02. EXACTLY one year before his death.

He had his most prized possession for precisely one year before he and it expired. How bizarre!

And the other strange date that I noticed was that he had signed the organ donor document on the back of his license exactly one MONTH BEFORE THE ACCIDENT 02-03-03. After the accident, he was only kept alive by the miracle of modern medicine, so he was basically nonfunctional after the crash and couldn't have made an informed consent to donate his organs.

For some reason, these dates struck me as odd and interesting. Why did he sign his license on that date after he'd had it for almost a year? Oh, sorry Andrew. No WHY questions allowed!!! Maybe you think I'm wacky -- maybe I am. Okay, I am. later, djb

No comments: