Thursday, February 25, 2010


Here's Jarrett's evergreen tree in the cemetery. When I go into town, I usually drive by to see how their trees are doing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Andrew's blue spruce earlier this winter. Now, it's totally surrounded by tons of snow!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, February 2010 - A couple of days ago, when I stopped by to drive by the boys' trees on the way to shop Elburn first, I noticed that the heavy snow that had fallen two days previously was still stuck in large globs on the branches of both trees. At first, I was just going to leave it and I did....

...but after I went to the gas station, post office, grocery store, I decided to come back and use my snow scraper brush to knock the snow off of their branches because it bugged me and I am obsessive compulsive.

Of course, when I went back I had to go into the cemetery from Keslinger instead of 47 because I didn't want to get stuck again going up the hill. {It's a good thing I'm a flatlander!}

I had to climb over huge mounds of snow that had been plowed off the road to the sides -- that was fairly easy. The snow near the trees was probably 6-8 inches deep. Not too bad because it didn't go inside my boots and freeze my feet (that was my main concern).

So, I whacked all the snow off and I think the trees were very glad to get that heavy, wet stuff off of their precious needles. Job well done. Thank me.

One of these days, I'll take a picture of how the trees look now. Pretty much the same. see ya later, djb

No comments: