Friday, January 8, 2010


Here are Andrew and Jarrett's candles at 6:48 a.m. this morning. If you look really close toward the bottom of the picture, you can see the fox's tracks. Wonder where he was going? Correction: Once it got light outside, I could see that it was actually a deer that walked in front of the house. I know those were fox paws in the driveway, so I'm not sure where the deer came from?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, January 8, 2010 - Happy Birthday to Kylie -- Andrew and Jarrett's cousin. She turns 15 today. It just hit me, the same age Jarrett was when he died.

Wow! I remember when she was born. We all went over to see her. I got to hold that little sweetheart. And I said the reason I remember it so well is because I recently saw the picture that someone took of me sitting in the rocking chair with baby Kylie.

She always loved to be around Andrew and Jarrett. In fact, I also saw some photos of young Kylie when Grandma and Grandpa Burkholder were here at our house. The boys were sitting on the floor playing with Kylie. It was so sweet to see them play with their little cousin.

When she got older, as soon as she'd walk in the door, she'd ask, "Where's the boys?" And I'd always say, "downstairs." Of course, they'd hear me say that.

I didn't know until after the boys died that sometimes Jarrett would hide behind the door in the computer room and scare her. Something like "boo." Of course, no one told me anything.

Several years ago, she was here at our house and I mentioned that something she wanted was in the computer room. She didn't want to go in there because it was too scary. Then, I found out the truth. Those darn weasels!

Memories. All I got left. Happy Birthday, Kylie. Love you! later, djb

No comments: