Tuesday, January 5, 2010


My outdoor thermometer is finally transmitting the temperature from the frozen tundra into the house. It needed two new AAA batteries. I just put some in it not that long ago....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 - This morning, I was thrilled to see that the thermometer is still working. Although now that I think about it, that's kind of crazy because it's so COLD and who really want to know that? Me, I guess.

And then last night, I heard that we might get 4-6 inches of snow on Wednesday. What? That's not even funny. Apparently, it's going to "warm up" a little bit so it can snow and then another Arctic blast is coming in on Friday. Yikes!!

Hopefully, the weather in Florida will begin to ease up a little bit. It's just WRONG for it to freeze down there. The Florida thermometers shouldn't even go down that low!

It always breaks my heart to see the tropical foliage get whacked. Last year was particularly brutal down there. At least, the red passion vine on Bergs' fence came back. If that dies again, I'll probably have to go down and help them cut off the dead vines because it's my fault since I planted it there.

Oh, I do have a picture of it. I'll have to put that on here. After it froze last year, we thought it was gone forever --- NOT. That thing is like an alien from outer space.

It's time to go. Stay warm, you all. bye, djb

No comments: