Thursday, January 28, 2010


Here's what the boys' candles looked on Sunday, January 24th at 7:15 a.m. The temperature outside was around 40 degrees so the deep snow had begun to melt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, January 28, 2010 - It is COLD here. This morning, it was 4 degrees when I got up -- that was outside. It was 58 degrees in the house....although I do think that it was warmer than that in the garage. What a hoot.

Everyone is sick of this weather. BUT, it is warmer -- make that less cold -- than it was a few weeks ago when it actually got below zero. Besides, remember where we live NORTHERN Illinois. It gets brutally cold in the winter -- if you don't like it move to Florida. Oh wait a minute, it's cold there, too.

It's time to get some more coffee. Oh, that reminds me. The other day, I bought two bags of what I thought was "ground" coffee. WRONG! It was beans. Oh brother. There is NO way that I'm going to grind beans at 6 o'clock in the morning.

I thought about taking them back to the grocery store but instead I decided to grind the entire bag of beans and then I put the grounds back in the bag. It smelled soooooooooo good. French Roast. Perfect for a coffee lover like me.

cafe ya later, djb

No comments: