Monday, January 4, 2010


Yesterday (on Jarrett's birthday), I went to the grocery store to get stuff. While I was walking past the bakery I saw a little birthday cake -- so I got it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, January 4, 2010 - It was nice and comforting to my soul to hear from so many people yesterday remembering Jarrett's birthday. Poor kid. He was always overlooked on his birthday because it came so close to the holidays -- and in this case, New Year's Day.

When he was young, we'd always have his birthday party on New Year's Eve. After that one year where there were shenanigans, we stopped doing it. Plus, the kids were older and they really didn't want to spend the evening with the old people hovering around them.

I'll never forget you, Jarrett. All my love forever and ever, Mom

P.S. Your cake was delicious!

No comments: