Saturday, January 23, 2010


Here's how the driveway looked at 7:14 a.m. CST - it is shiny, isn't it. You can see Andrew and Jarrett's basketball hoop on the left. I could beat Jarrett most of the time in horse with my granny shot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, January 23, 2010 - I'm not sure if I mentioned that I got a prescription for glasses from Dr. Lee when I saw her last Wednesday. Apparently, I have severe astigmatism which causes the world to look kind of flattened and dull.

She had this huge contraption that looks like BIG Rube Goldberg glasses which she put little discs into that duplicated my prescription so I could see what the world actually looks like to a normal person. WOW! It was weird, yet very crisp and clear.

I haven't gotten it filled yet because I'm going to need three different pairs of glasses: regular glasses, sunglasses and the yellow-tinged night vision glasses that cut the glare. That probably totals up to somewhere around a grand. Yeah, that's a bit much.

Of course, I looked online for "cheap specs dot com." Let's see, I've already spent a fortune and countless hours seeing 14 different ophthamologists so why would I go cheap on the glasses? Good question. Probably not a good idea.

My thinking was that I just wanted to get an inexpensive pair to try them out just in case things change. The last time I got prescription glasses and sunglasses, my eyes changed in two months -- of course, that's when I had cataracts. But, I was stuck with $600 worth of worthless glasses.

I'll figure it out. Probably need to go to a smart person. Yeah, that would be Wheaton. That's where I got my Maui Jim sunglasses which pretty much allowed me to go out into the sun without putting on TWO pair of regular sunglasses. Sometimes, you gotta pay for the good stuff.

I think my mother told me that. Yeah. Thanks, Gran. see ya all later, djb

No comments: